Over a half day period, successful Learners will develop a greater awareness of manual handling, including: common manual handling injuries, the safe movement principles, theory of safe manual handling principles and manual handling equipment.
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling has one unit, comprising of three modules, these are:
• Module 1. Understanding the reasons for safe manual handling
• Module 2. Understanding how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
• Module 2. Understanding the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
Keep Safe Solutions' trainers use a variety of assessment tools to ensure learners gain the reqired knowledge, skills and understanding, as detailed in the course syllabus, these are:
• Formative assessments лв a range of informal assessment procedures employed by the Trainer during the learning process to measure each LearnerлЊs knowledge, skills and understanding related to the assessment criteria
• Theory assessment/multiple choice question papers лв there is one written examination on this course. The maximum time allowed is 25 minutes
Upon successful completion of the course, Keep Safe Solutions will present students with an industry leading, Ofqual regulated and nationally recognised QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling certificate which satisfies legal obligations for training under the Manual Hadling Operations Regulations 1992 and which demonstrates staff competence, creating a safer and more efficient workplace.
There are NO hidden extras to pay on top of our health and safety training course prices, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books and exam fees.
All of our Ofqual regulated Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling courses have the following included in the course cost:
• All required, QA approved learning and study materials and equipment
• All examination fees
• All certification fees
Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
Some possible routes of progression are:
• QA Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (QCF)
• QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (QCF)
• QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
• Minimal disruption - the programme is delivered in just one day (including assessment)
• Greater productivity - Keep Safe Solutions can provide on-site training across our range of courses, meaning your staff spend less time travelling and less time out of work
• Improved organisation - wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of health and safety measures
• Nationally recognised, Ofqual regulated certification for employees, leaving you feeling confident that your organisation's legal obligations are being met
• Enhanced reputation with your supply chain, partners and clients
• Greater knowledge - Individuals will have a greater knowledge of manual handling risks and the practical steps involved in controlling those risks as well as an increased competence at understanding and managing health and safety manual handling risks. This enhanced knowledge and the acquisition of additional responsibility will in turn, increase their chances at career progression within their workplace
• Future employablility - The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling is one of the most widely respected health and safety qualifications, barr none, and is valued immensly by employers in all industries and sectors. Delegates who successfully complete the course an obtain the qualification greatly increase their chances of being employed in the future
• Formal recognition - successful completion of the course and the achievement of the QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling qualification demonstrates a strong commitment to health and safety, meaning the candidate is formally recognised by not just their colleagues, but also the health and safety sector
• Transferable skills - the QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling qualification may be primarily designed for the workplace, however the knowledge and skills taught on the course are priceless when faced with a real-life emergency situation at home or whilst out in public
• Increased confidence - candidates will feel more confident in undertaking their duties upon successful completion of the QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling qualification, thus reducing workplace stress and anxiety
Copyright © 2017 - 2019 Keep Safe Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved.