The NEBOSH Certificate is divided into two units NG1 and NG2 which are assessed separately:
Unit NG1 – This unit is broken down into four elements made up of the following:
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring performance
Unit NG2 – This unit is broken down into seven elements made up of the following:
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
See the full NEBOSH Certificate syllabus here.
To achieve the qualification, candidates must pass Open Book Assessment (NG1) and the practical assessment (NG2) carried out in the candidate’s own workplace.
- Unit NG 1 is assessed by way of an Open Book Examination.
- Unit NG 2 is assessed by completing a Risk Assessment at your place of work.
Candidates need to have completed both parts of the qualification within five years of registration to gain the full qualification.
Successful candidates will be awarded the NEBOSH National General Certificate, this is a Level 3 qualification which is very well recognised across business and industry.
What will delegates get from the course?
The NEBOSH Course will look at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues when you pass this qualification, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to conduct the following:
- Advise on duties under main pieces of UK health and safety legislation
- Support and develop your organisation’s health and safety culture
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements
- Work within a health and safety management system
- Identify common hazards
- Spot the key risks in your organisation
- Professionally carry out risk assessments
- Develop a detailed action plan and know how to action it
- Manage workplace risks
Benefits of holding the NEBOSH General Certificate course include:
- Help to boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally.
- Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Become an Associate Member of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- Entitled to Technician Membership of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (TIFPO)
What benefits will employers get from the course?
When your employees achieve the National General Certificate, they will be a huge asset to you, they will make a real difference in the workplace with the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH course.
- They will have the knowledge, understanding, and skills to help implement the health and safety policy and procedures to help protect the workforce.
- They will also be able to help make sure your business complies with the law and maintain good health and safety practices and preventing huge costs from incidents and ill-health.