The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety has one unit, comprising of four modules, these are:
- Module 1. Understanding the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Module 2. Understanding how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- Module 3. Understanding the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Module 4. Understanding the role of the nominated fire warden
Keep Safe Solutions’ trainers use a variety of assessment tools to ensure learners gain the reqired knowledge, skills and understanding, as detailed in the course syllabus, these are:
- Formative assessments лв a range of informal assessment procedures employed by the trainer during the learning process to measure each learnerлЊs knowledge, skills and understanding related to the assessment criteria
- Theory assessment/multiple choice question papers лв there is one written examination on this course. The maximum time allowed is 45 minutes.
Upon successful completion of the course, Keep Safe Solutions will present students with an industry leading, Ofqual regulated and nationally recognised QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety certificate which satisfies legal obligations for training under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and which demonstrates staff competence, creating a safer and more efficient workplace.
The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (QCF) may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
Some possible routes of progression are:
- Level 3 Award in Fire Risk Assessment and Control (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
- Minimal disruption - the programme is delivered in just one day (including assessment)
- Greater productivity - Keep Safe Solutions can provide on-site training across our range of courses, meaning your staff spend less time travelling and less time out of work
- Improved organisation – wide fire safety awareness culture and appreciation of fire safety measures
- Nationally recognised, Ofqual regulated certification for employees, leaving you feeling confident that your organisation’s legal obligations are being met
- Enhanced reputation with your supply chain, partners and clients
- Greater knowledge – Individuals will have a greater knowledge of fire safety roles and responsibilities as well as an increased competence at understanding and managing fire safety risks. This enhanced knowledge and the acquisition of additional responsibility will in turn, increase their chances at career progression within their workplace
- Future employablility – The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety is one of the most widely respected fire safety qualifications, barr none, and is valued immensly by employers in all industries and sectors. Delegates who successfully complete the course an obtain the qualification greatly increase their chances of being employed in the future
- Formal recognition – successful completion of the course and the achievement of the QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety qualification demonstrates a strong commitment to fire safety, meaning the candidate is formally recognised by not just their colleagues, but also the fire safety sector
- Transferable skills – the QA Level 2 Award Fire Safety qualification may be primarily designed for the workplace, however the knowledge and skill taught on the course are priceless when faced with a real-life emergency situation at home or whilst out in public
- Increased confidence – candidates will feel more confident in undertaking their duties upon successful completion of the QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety qualification, thus reducing workplace stress and anxiety