The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work has one unit, comprising of seven modules, these are:
- Module 1. Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Module 2. Ability to assess an incident
- Module 3. Ability to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Module 4. Ability to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Module 5. Ability to provide frst aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Module 6. Ability to provide first aid to a casualty in shock
- Module 7. Ability to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
The Keep Safe Solutions trainer will assess students through practical and oral questioning through the duration of the course to ensure they have gained the knowledge, skills and udnerstanding required to confidently and competently provide emergency first aid at work.
Practical assessments – Learners will be assessed by the trainer continuously throughout the course via a range of practical assessments – the results of each module will be recorded on the practical assessment paperwork. There are four practical assessments for this qualification:
- CPR ad safe use of an AED
- Chocking casualty
- Unconscious casualty
- Wounds, bleeding and shock, plus optional extra – catastrophic bleeding
Formative assessments – a range of informal assessment procedures will be employed by the Trainer during the learning process to measure each Learner’s knowledge, skills and understanding of the course syllabus.
Theaory assessment – there is one written assessment where students are rquired to demonstrate a theorical knowledge of the course content. The assesment takes approximately 25 minutes to complete.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be presented with an industry leading, Ofqual regulated and nationally recognised QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which satisfies legal obligations for training under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and which demonstrates staff competence, creating a safer and more efficient workplace
Keep Safe Solutions’ QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) may be used towards other qualifications at the
same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
A viable ‘next step’ would be for learners to attend Keep Safe Solutions’ QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work course – an Ofqual regulated and nationally recognised qualification which allows successful delegates to act as fully qualified first aiders.
Minimal disruption – the programme is delivered in just one day (including assessment)
Greater productivity – Keep Safe Solutions can provide on-site training across our range of courses, meaning your staff spend less time travelling and less time out of work
Improved organisation – wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of first aid safety measures
Nationally recognised, Ofqual regulated certification for employees, leaving you feeling confident that your organisation’s legal obligations are being met
Enhanced reputation with your supply chain, partners and clients
- Greater knowledge – Individuals will have a greater knowledge of emergency first aid situations as well as an increased competence at managing those very situations and employees. This enhanced knowledge and the acquisition of additional responsibility will in turn, increase their chances at career progression within their workplace
- Future employablility – The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is one of the most widely respected first aid qualifications, barr none, and is valued immensly by employers in all industries and sectors. Delegates who successfully complete the course an obtain the qualification greatly increase their chances of being employed in the future
- Formal recognition – successful completion of the course and the achievement of the QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification demonstrates a strong commitment to first aid and workplace safety, meaning the candidate is formally recognised by not just their colleagues, but also the first aid sector
- Transferable skills – the QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification may be primarily designed for the workplace, however the knowledge and skill taught on the course are priceless when faced with a real-life emergency situation at home or whilst out in public
- Increased confidence – candidates will feel more confident in undertaking their duties upon successful completion of the QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification, thus reducing workplace stress and anxiety