During this half day course, learners will develop their understanding of the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace and the precautions and procedures required to ensure hazardous substances are properly controlled, as well as learn how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances.
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH has one unit, comprising of three modules, these are:
• Module 1. Understanding the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace
• Module 2. Understanding how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
• Module 3. Undrstanding the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
Keep Safe Solutions' trainers use a variety of assessment tools to ensure learners gain the reqired knowledge, skills and understanding, as detailed in the course syllabus, these are:
• Formative assessments лв a range of informal assessment procedures employed by the Trainer during the learning process to measure each LearnerлЊs knowledge, skills and understanding related to the assessment criteria
• Theory assessment/multiple choice question papers лв there is one written examination on this course. The maximum time allowed is 25 minutes
Upon successful completion of the course, Keep Safe Solutions will present students with an industry leading, Ofqual regulated and nationally recognised QA Level 2 Award in Principles COSHH certificate which satisfies legal obligations for training under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and which demonstrates staff competence, creating a safer and more efficient workplace.
There are NO hidden extras to pay on top of our health and safety training course prices, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books and exam fees.
All of our Ofqual regulated Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH courses have the following included in the course cost:
• All required, QA approved learning and study materials and equipment
• All examination fees
• All certification fees
Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH (QCF) may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
Some possible routes of progression are:
• QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
• QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment (RQF)
• QA Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
• QA Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF)
• Minimal disruption - the programme is delivered in just one day (including assessment)
• Greater productivity - Keep Safe Solutions can provide on-site training across our range of courses, meaning your staff spend less time travelling and less time out of work
• Improved organisation - wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of health and safety measures
• Nationally recognised, Ofqual regulated certification for employees, leaving you feeling confident that your organisation's legal obligations are being met
• Enhanced reputation with your supply chain, partners and clients
• Greater knowledge - Individuals will have a greater knowledge of COSHH risk assessments and the practical steps involved in conducting a COSHH risk assessment as well as an increased competence at understanding and managing COSHH risks. This enhanced knowledge and the acquisition of additional responsibility will in turn, increase their chances at career progression within their workplace
• Future employablility - The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH is one of the most widely respected health and safety qualifications, barr none, and is valued immensly by employers in all industries and sectors. Delegates who successfully complete the course an obtain the qualification greatly increase their chances of being employed in the future
• Formal recognition - successful completion of the course and the achievement of the QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH qualification demonstrates a strong commitment to health and safety, meaning the candidate is formally recognised by not just their colleagues, but also the health and safety sector
• Transferable skills - the QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH qualification may be primarily designed for the workplace, however the knowledge and skill taught on the course are priceless when faced with a real-life emergency situation at home or whilst out in public
• Increased confidence - candidates will feel more confident in undertaking their duties upon successful completion of the QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH qualification, thus reducing workplace stress and anxiety
Copyright © 2017 - 2018 Keep Safe Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved.